Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I Need Your Feedback

Apologies if I said I will try to provide some insight into the Big Dance. This is my favorite time of year and I want to enjoy it as a much as you all, so with that said, I'm going to take some time off to watch the greatest sports spectacle today.

Before I leave for hiatus, though, I am asking for your help. This blog, though written for a class, is written out of interest. Our assignment is to find a topic and see how many comments you can get. I've tried to think of an idea to toss out to all of you and think I may have found one.

I want to hear from you who the athlete is you hate the most. Everybody undoubtedly has one person they strongly dislike, whether that person is jealous of accomplishments or is just an ass by nature. For example, you might hate Terrell Owens because he's selfish and loves himself. You might hate Tony Stewart because he is a "different kind" of race car driver. Or you might hate John Starks simply because he was a member of the New York Knicks.

I want to hear from you. Who is the athlete you dislike the most? Why? PLEASE comment...

8 comments:

  1. I'll get this party started:

    Tim Tebow. Yes, he is talented. But here is a guy who is the perfect example of media tarnishing his image. When an announcer in the National Championship game says that "If you spend ten minutes with this young man you'll be better for it," well, that's just too much. I cannot stand the coverage surrounding Tebow this season. To watch GameDay (or Sportscenter or College Football Live or really anything) this season you would think that no one else in the world even knew what a football was compared to Tebow's infinite knowledge. Hell, the discussion of the Heisman centered around Timothy because of his "leadership" (after rallying the team following the embarrassing loss at Ole Miss). Again, to hear the news media talk no other quarterback in the nation had to lead his team. Absolutely ridiculous.

    Oh, and just to clarify, I can't stand him as a person either. It's like Joakim Noah when he played for the Gators or Tyler Hansbrough at North Carolina: Your fans may love it when you jump around like you just slayed the dragon after even the most minor of accomplishments, but everyone else thinks you're a douchebag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I extremely dislike Stephen Jackson. Simply because of the way he went out into the crowd during the Piston-Pacers game a couple of years ago. He claims he was, "Protecting his teammate." I strongly disagree, if you look back at the incident his teammate was three rows in front of him. Stephen Jackson was just running around out in the stands punching whoever he felt deserved it. But I also agree with the person above, Media coverage of Tim Tebow is excessive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say Sammy Sosa. Even as a Cubs fan I just couldn't stand behind him. Whatever, he used a corked bat..other guys use steriods. Get over it. But how arrogant can you get? Oh well, America was 'bery bery good to him'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carlos Zambrano - I'm not sure what my favorite Big Z moments is - uncountable fist pumps, going Ken Griffey Baseball for SNES and breaking a bat over his leg, or crying in the dugout during the 2008 NLDS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. John Starks and James Posey in a tie. Both are huge pricks and I hate them more than the guy who thought of Bromance. Starks was the leading scumbag on the Knicks in the 90's. Posey is a nominee for biggest deusche in the universe for 2 hard, flagrant fouls on the Bulls in the playoffs and for giving out man hugs and kisses on the cheek before everygame. I despise both of them with a passion. We should televise a fight to the death between the 2 of them. Cagematch. Winner wrestles The Rock.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reggie Bush because not only did he push Matt Leinart to beat Notre Dame but he also made the mistake of taunting the Bears. Sometimes I just sit around and watch the clip of him getting lit up by Sheldon Brown to make myself feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If he is considered an athlete, it's Ed Hightower.

    But otherwise, I would have to say that it is Barry Bonds. Mostly because he had a white girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My most hated athlete of all time is Alex Rodriguez. He betrayed the Seattle Mariners and then he betrayed America.

    ReplyDelete